Italy travel packages - Tuscany, hills and vineyard in fog. Italy tours
Italian wine. Wine and food tourism. Agritourism
Among the forests of the Maremma and the hills of Monte Amiata are the most beautiful hills of Tuscany, this is where Brunello di Montalcino wine is born, one of the most important and iconic wines not only in Italy, but in the world
The region of Tuscany is famous for its landscapes, culinary specialties and, of course, wine. Siena is a medieval Italian city whose center is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. Siena is located among the Tuscan hills covered with vineyards and olives. The climate of Tuscany is mild, warmer off the coast, with noticeable sea influence, in the central part the weather is cooler, but the mountain chain Apennines protects it from bad weather and cold winds. The most common and popular grape variety in Tuscany is Sangiovese. This red grape is called the symbol and pride of the region. The name of the variety is translated as "the blood of Jupiter".
Back in 1282, the corporation "Arte dei Vinattieri" (the Art of Winemakers and Vintners) was created, at this time such wines as Greco, Trebiano, Malvasia and Alaatico appear on the scene. The streets of Siena have preserved the atmosphere of the ancient city. In the castle of the Medici is the largest wine cellar in Italy - Enoteca Italiana, which presents thousands of wines from all over Italy. Every year at the beginning of June Enoteca Italiana organizes the festival "Wine Week", during which tastings and master classes take place. Today, Tuscany's winemaking remains the most popular (along with Piedmont) in Italy and one of the most famous in the world.
Tuscany is the most famous wine region of Italy. Most of it is covered with hills and low mountains, on which vineyards are located
Tuscan winemaking dates back to the time of the Etruscans. The ancient Romans continued the winemaking traditions and improved the vinification techniques, but a noticeable rise began in the XII century, when the number of vineyards increased dramatically. In 1685, Redi published "Bacchus in Tuscany", which brought great wine-making glory to the region. In the middle of the 18th century, the Geogrofili Academy was created, which prompted the quality of local wines. At the end of the 19th century, Bettino Ricasoli, at his winery in Brolio, did research and did a lot of work with assemblages, producing red wine with excellent characteristics that completely satisfied the tastes of consumers. Thus was born the "ideal formula" of Chianti.
Carmignano wines were known in the XIV century, and in the XVIII century. The Duke of Tuscany Cosimo I Medici issued a decree on norms and boundaries of production. The capital of Tuscany is the city of arts Florence. The most famous wine regions of Tuscany are Chianti, Montalcino, Montepulciano and the coastal zone, where the local phenomenon originated - Supertuscan wines. Tuscany seaside resorts are more than 500 kilometers of fine sand and clear water. Nowhere else in the world will tourists see such beautiful places. The Tuscany also includes seven islands, of which the largest is the Elbe.
The landscape of this region is so diverse that absolutely everyone will find a place to their liking. The flat terrain occupies about 10% of the total area of the region, and for the remaining 90% you can find everything. In Tuscany there are both mountain ranges and gently contoured hills. The coast of the region, along which a variety of islands are located, surrounded by coral reefs, seems endless.
Tuscany is known all over the world, and every tourist would like to come here and live here at least once in life. The most characteristic feature of this incredible region of Italy is the striking variety of climatic zones and landscapes, which, together with a rich history, makes the region ideal for any traveler who decides to go to this amazing corner of Italy.
World vacation travel - Culture - Italian - Cypress - Tree - Hill - View - Seasonal - Medieval - Tuscan - Hillside - Spring - Country - Italy travel packages - Typical - Mysterious - Pastoral - Autumn - Nature - Europe tours - Fall - Meadow - House - Landscape - Scenery - Fog - Grass - Vineyard - Rural - Olive - Trees - Podere - Green - Farmland - Dust - Italy vacations - Road - Siena - Farm - Countryside - Tuscany hills - Grove - Italy travel - Field
Adventure Africa Alps America Ancient Animals Antarctic Architecture Argentina Asia Australia Austria Beach Brazil Caribbean Caucasus China City Cruise Culture Diving Egypt Equator Europe Exotic Extreme Fishing Forest France Galapagos Greece Hawaii Heritage Hiking History India Indonesia Island Japan Kenya Lake Landscape Maldives Mexico Monument Mountain Museum Nature Night Ocean Palace Park Relax Religion Reserve Resort River Russia Scandinavia Sea Siberia Spain Summer Switzerland Thailand Tropics Turkey Vietnam Water Waterfall Winter